The Web 2.0 world right now is doing what it does best; sharing information, passing links and exchanging ideas as we prepare for Hurricane Gustav to hit the US Gulf Coast.
A sample of some pertinent social media activity (please add other good ones in the comments below:)
- Tweets from NOLA.com, the online arm of the New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Some Chicago Tribune reporters now on the ground in NOLA, tweeting & covering GustavÂ
- Millsaps College in Jackson MS just started a Twitter stream since they’re in the path of the storm
- For more Twitter-based info, see the search results for hurricane + gustav on Twitter Search
- The social media site Mahalo has a Gustav page
- Andy Carvin, social media director for NPR (@acarvin on Twitter) formed a Ning group:Â Gustav Information Center
- A Wikipedia page is up: Hurricane Gustav
- The World Wide Help blog now has a resources post on Gustav.
- A gustavwiki page is up, devoted to hurricane coverage
- The ComputerWorld magazine blog now has a Gustav resources page.
At Every Dot Connects, our thoughts and prayers are with those who are facing this storm. If you are in a position to help, online or off, please do so.