One of the best things I did last year was to participate in the The Age of Conversation, a collaborative e-book. Editors Drew McLellan and Gavin Heaton have announced they’re up to a sequel–and this time you get to vote on the topic.
But wait–there’s more! You also have the opportunity to be a collaborator. If you want to be an author for The Age of Conversation’s kissing cousin (the 2008 version), e-mail Drew and say you’re in.
He will be providing a lot more detail in a week or so — but for now, here are some basic rules for authorship:
- You will sign over all rights to your chapter
- You understand that all proceeds of the book will be donated to Variety, the Children’s Charity
- You will promote the book, throughout the process, on your blog if you have one
- You’ll embrace the cooperative, collaborative spirit that defined Age of Conversation
- You’ll honor deadlines so Drew does not have to be a nag
- You’ll honor word counts so Gavin doesn’t have to be a nag
What’s the topic for 2008? Drew says, “In the true spirit of collaboration, we’re going to decide together. Your choices are …”
- Marketing Manifesto
- Why Don’t People Get It?
- My Marketing Tragedy (and what I learned)
The only way to vote is via this SurveyMonkey survey: Click Here to take survey
You DO NOT need to be an author or potential author to vote.
The survey will close on January 31st, so help get out the vote.